Friday, June 11, 2010

Do not watch the news.

Okay, I am pms'ing, but I've just seen the news and I'm sobbing. Deadly flash floods in Arkansas, a missing 7-year old in Portland and two 18-year olds killed in Seattle by a drunk driver days before their graduation. It could not be more depressing. My life is far from perfect, but I have so much to be grateful for AND I KNOW IT! My kids and husband drive me nuts on a daily basis, but I could not live without them. My house is falling apart, but I know how lucky I am to live where I do and be able to pay the mortgage. I am surrounded by the love of friends and family. And most of all, we all have our health. "Health is wealth" as my mother used to say.
Stay safe everyone and don't forget to tell those you love how much you love them.

2 comments:

Michelle Palmer said...

Well said~ :)
Smiles and cheerful wishes!
Michelle

Jorge Tamames said...

Yep... there are lots of things to be happy about. And the USA is a relatively calm place if you consider what the rest of the world looks like.