Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Arnie the Aardvark

Many, many years ago my friend Michelle (over at EverydayMe) made me this wonderful stuffed aardvark. Let's say he's about 32 years old. He has lost his glasses, but otherwise he looks like new and he's so cute! I'm sending him to her five-year old daughter to enjoy for his next 32.

I've been very busy lately trying to get organized, cleaning out my closets and storage locker, selling some stuff on ebay, donating some and even throwing some stuff away. It feels good to lighten my load (and make a few bucks). My Aunt Sophie who passed away in May of 2008 and my mom who passed away just a few months ago were both wonderful models of not having too much stuff. They died with family and friends and life's experiences as their possessions. They were not poor. The things they did own were beautiful and treasured....there just weren't too many of them. I'm trying to follow their example and I'm beginning to feel the energy change. It may take me awhile, but I've made a start.

1 comment:

EverydayMe said...

OMG!!! Rainee just got him in the the mail!!! She was soooooooo surprised and excited!!! She likes him soooooo much!! She put it on her bed... right next to her Jonas bothers pillow! (so, you gotta know he's special!) It's just the cutest thing ever!!!

Thank you so much for sharing him with my dd, Rainee... it means the world to me... and to her.

Thank you!!
{{HUGS}}Michelle, Rainee & Arnie