Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

Yes, I know today is not Sunday.A few years back (in fact, the last time April 22nd did fall on a Sunday) I took a letterpress class. I loved it. One of our assignments was to typeset a bunch of letters into a shape. So I decided to do the earth. Setting the type for this very simple circle took me hours!!! Something that would have taken me 15 minutes on the computer. It gave me a new appreciation of old books, newspapers, etc.
I do wish I'd left off the Sunday part so I could use it every year because I printed a bunch of copies. I'll have to wait to use them again until 2012...not too long.

1 comment:

EverydayMe said...

just lovely... even if it isn't Sunday... and doing letter press does make you appreciate what other did before us... {{hugs}} Michelle