I know it sounds very cliché, but I really cannot believe it's 2012! My youngest is turning 18 and graduating from high school this spring. I remember thinking about this year back in 1994 when she was born, thinking it was so far off, and many times since wishing it would come faster. Now that it's actually here I'm sad, and happy. Sad to see her leave, but happy to watch her begin this new stage in life and happy to begin one too.
Well, there are many other things to note this year (as I read in Better Homes & Gardens):
- There are three Friday the 13ths...January, April and July.
- It's a leap year...do something out of the ordinary on February 29th!
- It's the 100th anniversary of the Titanic sinking on April 14th.
- The Simpsons turns 25 in April (and I've never seen it).
- The Summer Olympics will be in London July 27th through August 12th.
- And it's a Presidential Election year...here in the USofA!