Friday, January 23, 2015

Seahawks fever.



I'm more of a baseball fan than a football fan, but living in the Pacific NW it's difficult not to be a Seahawks fan. Now that they're headed to another Super Bowl, it's even more exciting. You can't go anywhere around here without seeing a bedecked fan and the Seahawks logo on everything from beer to lingerie.
But it was the game last Sunday, the NFC Championship game, that sealed the deal for me and gave me my motto for this year. You've probably all heard about the game by now. If not, you can read about it here, with a great little info graphic here. In a nutshell, with just over three minutes to play in the game, down 19-7, the Seahawks pulled off a 1% chance of winning. It was incredible! I'm embarrassed to say that I gave up on them. I couldn't even watch. I went back to reading my book until my sister called out to me, "You might want to come back in here." I didn't think there was any possible way of them winning, but there was and they did. NEVER GIVE UP!
(Photos via Google images)

No comments: