Monday, March 16, 2015

WIP.

Here is my work-in-progress from my weekend workshop with Gwen Marston.
It was a "liberated quilting with solids" class and I learned a ton. Not just from her, but from my classmates too...such creativity and inspiration all around the room! 
The liberated part was so freeing. I got my idea of the red squares throughout the quilt from one of Gwen's books. Started with one square and just kept adding on without a pattern, no measuring or pinning.
My quilt is made from recycled men's shirts that I picked up at our annual Rotary Auction. I was originally collecting them for the patterns, but this year I'll definitely be looking for great solid colors.  I'm incorporating a couple of the shirt plackets with buttons and one shirt tag, just for fun. I'm not sure what I'm doing for a border yet, but I like the way it looks on the batting, maybe I'll use a cream color. 
Happy Monday! 


No comments: