Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bold Expressions.

I almost forgot to put together a blog post for the last day of the month...after blogging every day in September! It was a busy day...the highlight being a trip to the Bellevue Arts Museum to see "Bold Expressions: African American Quilts from the Collection of Corrine Riley." I had been meaning to get there since it opened in June and finally made it today, one week before it closes. I'm so glad I did...the show is amazing. Quilts from mostly the 30's and 40's and mostly from the south. A lot like Gee's Bend quilts, which I love. Some of these pics are mine, some are from the internet. A lot of mine on the iPhone were too blurry. If you're in the Seattle area this week, this is definitely worth the trip over to Bellevue!







This one was my favorite!




1 comment:

JunkStuffTreasures said...

The colors and construction are simply beautiful!