Friday, February 20, 2009

Northwest Flower & Garden Show.

After three weeks of working forty hours a week for the first time in ages, I'm exhausted. But, I really wanted to get to the Northwest Flower & Garden Show in Seattle on my day off today. I was there when they opened the doors at 9 a.m. which was such a good plan. It was very crowded by the time I left just before noon. There were so many photo opportunities and they can be found all over the web (like here), but I just wanted to share one of my favorite exhibits of miniature gardens by Two Green Thumbs. These dolls are about the size of a Barbie. Maybe it's because my husband is a modelmaker that I appreciate these so much, but they were amazing!
My favorite big garden was the Gathering Fabric display that incorporated gardens and quilting...two of my favorite things! After the garden show I got back on the ferry and drove to the Kitsap County Fairgrounds for a quilt show! I took pictures of my favorites, really gorgeous and inspiring quilts, but don't want to share them without owner permission. Here's the info if you can get over there by Saturday.


No comments: