Thursday, November 19, 2009

A gift.

This beautiful hand-crafted dish in memory of my mother arrived from my cousin Susan today. After my mother's funeral in April we sent her some of the flowers from the service and she decoupaged them under glass along with a picture of St. Cecilia. I love the colors, the shape, the thought...I am so touched and will treasure this piece of art forever! Susan happens to be an amazingly talented artist (and my cousin!!!)....check out her "Spirit of Flowers" website and her very impressive bio.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh joan, what a rich and meaningful gift. and so pretty too. xo to you

EverydayMe said...

Joan, this is amazing... what a wonderful gift! I loved the your cousins site... they are just amazing!!!! Thanks so much for sharing it...
{{HUGS}} Michelle