Sunday, October 18, 2015

Barcelona.

I happened to be in Barcelona on Catalonia Day, which is September 11th. The city was very crowded and there were parades and demonstrations all over the place. I rented a bicycle, which turned out to be a great way to get around, and tried to avoid the big crowds.
I have to admit that this was my least favorite stop on my trip. I had good weather, but my airbnb was not great and it was very loud city. I also don't love the architecture. I did appreciate the more residential neighborhoods and the small, non-touristy cafés. Glad it was one of my stops, but not in a hurry to go back.






Every bike needs a...

I was intrigued by the seed pods in this tree. When I first saw it, I thought they were snakes!

At the end of my stay here, I met up with my daughter and her boyfriend. We rented a car and headed out on the Spanish highways! It made my day when the Hertz agent did not notice that my drivers license was expiring in four days.

No comments: