Saturday, October 10, 2015

London.

I planned far too little time in London and this is the first place I'm coming back to as soon as I can. I don't know what I was thinking! I lived here in the late 80's/early 90's. My son was born here. I spent the early years of my 23-year marriage here. I worked, first as a waitress on Hanover Square before I had a work permit, then for Lloyds Bank headquarters. I had the biggest déjà vu when I met a friend at the Tate Modern, which was right around the corner from my old office. I walked the same path from Blackfriars Station that I used to walk every day 26 years ago. Some things were exactly the same, but mostly it had changed a lot.
I loved my hotel, St. Ermin's near St. James's Park...great location and a super plush room! I shopped...Liberty, Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Emma Bridgewater, The Conran Shop, John Lewis...just to name a few. I bought a lot of stationery. I met friends and cousins. I got lost. I walked and walked and walked. And I got homesick for a place I lived over 20 years ago.












No comments: